Helping you make the most of your hiking and adventure time because that’s when we unlock what’s inside ourselves.
Hi, I’m Laurel. I started Monkeys and Mountains Adventure Travel because being outdoors more often has had a profound impact on my life. I know that it can have a similar positive impact on your life too.
For 20+ years I’ve been choosing my travel destination based on the outdoor activities and/or wildlife viewing it has to offer. I travelled to Rwanda because I wanted to observe mountain gorillas. I hiked the Tour du Mont Blanc because I wanted to hike in three countries.
Since 2010, I’ve helped millions of travellers experience unforgettable outdoor adventures and have been featured in large media outlets like BBC Travel, BBC Earth, National Geographic, Forbes.
My goal is to help you make the most of your time outside. Spending more time in the mountains, on the bike trail, or doing the adventure of your choosing, can have a tremendous impact on your life long that lasts long after the adventure is over.
AS SEEN IN
SUMMER HIKING TOURS IN EUROPE:
Known as one of the best treks in the world, you’ll hike in France, Italy and Switzerland around the famed Mont Blanc.
Hike the most famous hiking/trekking High Route in the Dolomites and one of the top three in the Alps overall.
This amazing trek takes you past two of the most iconic places in the Alps – Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
One of the few places where high mountains meet the sea, + gorgeous gorge and coastal hikes.
WINTER HIKING & SNOWHOEING
OUR TOP RECOMMENDED HIKING GEAR
WHERE TO SKI IN EUROPE
LATEST HIKING AND ADVENTURE TRAVEL BLOG POSTS
- How to Plan an Amazing Hiking Date: Plus 5 Ways to Avoid Disaster
- Snowshoeing for Beginners: How to Snowshoe, Stay Warm, Safe and More
- Three Peaks Challenge: How to Successfully Climb the UK’s 3 Highest Mountains
- 12 Best Hiking Breakfasts: Best Pre-Hike Meals To Fuel Your Day Hikes
- Coast to Coast Walk: Day by Day Itinerary to England’s Popular Walk
- 5 Best Hiking Lunch Ideas and 10 Filling Hiking Snacks
- Climbing Scafell Pike: 5 Routes to Reach the Highest Mountain in England
- Hiking Trails for Beginners: 7 Ways to Determine If It’s an Easy Hike