Helping you make the most of your hiking and adventure time because that’s when we unlock what’s inside ourselves.
Hi, I’m Laurel. I started Monkeys and Mountains Adventure Travel because being outdoors more often has had a profound impact on my life. I know that it can have a similar positive impact on your life too.
For 20+ years I’ve been choosing my travel destination based on the outdoor activities and/or wildlife viewing it has to offer. I travelled to Rwanda because I wanted to observe mountain gorillas. I hiked the Tour du Mont Blanc because I wanted to hike in three countries.
Since 2010, I’ve helped millions of travellers experience unforgettable outdoor adventures and have been featured in large media outlets like BBC Travel, BBC Earth, National Geographic, Forbes.
My goal is to help you make the most of your time outside. Spending more time in the mountains, on the bike trail, or doing the adventure of your choosing, can have a tremendous impact on your life long that lasts long after the adventure is over.
AS SEEN IN
Self-Guided Hiking Tours in Europe
Trekking & Hiking Tips
Reasons To Hike
Adventure Travel Tips
Hiking & Adventure Travel By Destination
SUMMER MOUNTAIN HIKING TOURS IN EUROPE:
Known as one of the best treks in the world, you’ll hike in France, Italy and Switzerland around the famed Mont Blanc.
Hike the most famous hiking/trekking High Route in the Dolomites and one of the top three in the Alps overall.
This amazing trek takes you past two of the most iconic places in the Alps – Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
This breathtaking region boasts soaring peaks like the Grand Paradis at 4,061m and enchanting valleys echoing with rich Aosta Valley traditions.
OUR TOP RECOMMENDED HIKING GEAR
LATEST HIKING AND ADVENTURE TRAVEL BLOG POSTS
- The Ultimate Backpacking Survival Gear Checklist
- Tour du Mont Blanc: How to Effortlessly Plan Your Epic Trek For 2024
- Maximize Your Hike with the Best Solar Chargers for Backpacking
- The Best Multitool for Backpacking Professional Guide
- How to Clean a Water Bladder: 7 Steps to Keeping It Mold Free
- Glyndŵr’s Way: A 135-Mile Walk into the Heart of Wales
- Cleveland Way Walk: 110 Miles in the Footsteps of Captain Cook
- Survive and Thrive: How to Build the Perfect First Aid Kit for Hiking