This trip is available from March 17th to December 10th, 2018 and March 16th to November 30th, 2019.
Booking in Advance
Book as soon as possible to ensure that accommodation is available on your start date. This region of Italy is very popular and accommodations often fill up months in advance.
€1199 for a standard room or €1479 for a suite with a living room. Prices are per person based on double accommodation.
- 5 nights accommodation in a 4-star wellness hotel in Levanto
- 5 buffet breakfasts
- Detailed route descriptions for hikes, walking times, and map
- Unlimited email support pre-tour
- Support on your tour – provided by the hotel
- 30-minute spa treatment
- Free pickup-drop off from the train station to the hotel on your arrival and departure day
You’ll be staying at the same hotel so you can leave your luggage. You only need to carry your day backpack with whatever you need for the day. You can bring a packed lunch or eat in one of the villages. It’s your choice.
Grade and Terrain
Grade 2 (medium). The elevation difference is between 350 m – 680 m. However, you’ll hike uphill then downhill, only to go uphill again. The trail is often on steep stairs, interspersed with balconies overlooking the omnipresent Ligurian Sea, giving you a chance to catch your breath. An average day’s walk is approximately 4½ to 5 hours.
This trek is a self-guided tour. You get the flexibility and freedom of starting your day when you choose, hiking at your own pace and taking breaks whenever your heart (or lungs) desire.
We’ll take care of booking your accommodation, provide you with a map and instructions in English. We’re there for you prior to and during your trip. Ask all the questions you want. Friendly hotel staff are also available during your stay to answer any questions you may have. Our goal is to make this the easiest holiday that you’ve ever planned.
Your hotel will be located in Levanto. You’ll either hike directly from here or take a train to the starting point each day. You’ll have the option to return by train, and sometimes by boat (depending on the day and weather permitting) to the same hotel each day.
You’ll be provided with a packing list of what to bring.
It’s highly recommended that you have travel insurance that covers you for this tour and includes emergency evacuation and hospital care in the unlikely incident that you get injured. We recommend World Nomads insurance.
You should be in good physical condition and be a regular walker or hiker. The route is not technical so no prior expertise is required.
20% of payment is due at the time of booking. As soon as we receive your deposit, we will start making the arrangements for your accommodation.
The remaining balance is due 45 days before the onset of the trip. If you’re booking within 45 days full payment is due at the time of booking.
The distances and ascents/descents are approximations as are the hiking times, which don’t include breaks. The itineraries shown may change slightly if hiking trails are closed.
- Transfers (trains, boats, and buses ) when required are not included but will cost approximately €30 – 50 depending on many you take and which option you choose. I.e. boat rides are usually more scenic but also more expensive than local buses or trains.
- The toll to hike in Cinque Terre National Park (€7.50 per day).You can just buy the hiking permit or get one that also includes transportation on the trains. You’ll require this for two days if you follow our itinerary as outlined.
- Dinners and lunches.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended and not included.
TRAVEL – How to Reach the Starting Point
The closest airport to Levanto is Genoa, 76 km away, followed by Pisa, 100 km away. You can also fly into Milan, which is often cheaper.
I find the best deals on Skyscanner and book most of my flights through them.
Note: We highly recommend waiting to book your flights or making other travel arrangements until you receive an email from us notifying you that all your accommodation has been confirmed.
There are frequent trains from Milan, Pisa and Genova.
Here are the approximate train times depending on which train you take:
- Genova to Levanto: :51 – 1:36. Cost: €5.90 to €9. A very frequent shuttle service (Volabus) will take you to the railway station in Genoa (€6, 30 minutes’ journey). After this, you’ll take a train to Levanto which takes approximately 1 hour.
- Pisa to Levanto: 1:17 – 2:20. Cost: €9.90 – €16.10.
- Milan to Levanto: 2:48 – 3:24. Cost: €9.90 to €18.85. You’ll have to take a shuttle bus to the central train station in Milan. There are several bus companies to choose from. The cost is €8 and the journey takes just over an hour (allow more time for traffic)
If you arrive by train in Levanto, notify the hotel of your arrival time. A complimentary a shuttle will pick you up from the railway station and will drop you off on your departure day.
Refer to Trenitalia http://www.trenitalia.com, Italy’s main train service for timetables.
Your hotel was recently built in the heart of a beautiful park and includes all the facilities and comforts of a 4-star hotel to ensure that you enjoy a relaxing stay. It has an outdoor swimming pool, and a massage area, a wellness center with a Turkish bath, and sauna. Free outdoor parking is available.
Friendly staff are on hand to provide you with information about the sights to explore in the surrounding area.
The selected guest rooms for this self-guided tour are spacious, tastefully furnished and have a furnished terrace with a partial sea view and a view over the rolling hillside.
You choose between two types of rooms:
- Suite with a living room or
- a double room
Each room is equipped with air conditioning, satellite colour television, a safety deposit box, a minibar, a direct dial telephone, internet access, and an en-suite bathroom with a shower, a hairdryer and complimentary toiletries.
Back to Top