Helping you make the most of your hiking and adventure time because that’s when we unlock what’s inside ourselves.
Hi, I’m Laurel. I started Monkeys and Mountains Adventure Travel because being outdoors more often has had a profound impact on my life. I know that it can have a similar positive impact on your life too.
For 20+ years I’ve been choosing my travel destination based on the outdoor activities and/or wildlife viewing it has to offer. I travelled to Rwanda because I wanted to observe mountain gorillas. I hiked the Tour du Mont Blanc because I wanted to hike in three countries.
Since 2010, I’ve helped millions of travellers experience unforgettable outdoor adventures and have been featured in large media outlets like BBC Travel, BBC Earth, National Geographic, Forbes.
My goal is to help you make the most of your time outside. Spending more time in the mountains, on the bike trail, or doing the adventure of your choosing, can have a tremendous impact on your life long that lasts long after the adventure is over.
AS SEEN IN
Self-Guided Hiking Tours in Europe
Trekking & Hiking Tips
Reasons To Hike
Adventure Travel Tips
Hiking & Adventure Travel By Destination
SUMMER MOUNTAIN HIKING TOURS IN EUROPE:
Tour du Mont Blanc (Self-Guided)
Known as one of the best treks in the world, you’ll hike in France, Italy and Switzerland around the famed Mont Blanc.
Alta Via 1 Hiking Tour in Dolomites Italy Entire, North or South Route (Self-Guided)
Hike the most famous hiking/trekking High Route in the Dolomites and one of the top three in the Alps overall.
The Haute Route: Hiking Tour (Self-Guided)
This amazing trek takes you past two of the most iconic places in the Alps – Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
OUR TOP RECOMMENDED HIKING GEAR
The Best Hiking Leggings for Women in 2023: Thermal, Pockets and More
Best Hiking Boots for Women in 2023
LATEST HIKING AND ADVENTURE TRAVEL BLOG POSTS
- Cleveland Way Walk: 110 Miles in the Footsteps of Captain Cook
- Survive and Thrive: How to Build the Perfect First Aid Kit for Hiking
- Jurassic Coast Walk: 153 Miles of Dinosaur Fossils and Footprints
- South West Coast Path: Your EPIC Guide to England’s Longest Trail (630 miles)
- 6 Best Blister Kits for Hiking: Plus 9 Ways to Prevent Blisters
- Walking the Thames Path: 184 Miles of Beautiful Nature and Historic Landmarks
- North Downs Way: 153 Miles of Beautiful English Countryside and Historical Sites
- How an Attitude of Gratitude Can Transform Your Hike From Good to Great