In a world where travellers have micro-attention spans, it can be difficult to grab their attention for a nano-second, let alone get them to actually keep your destination or brand top-of-mind when it comes to booking a vacation!
A recent Nielsen study* shows that it takes ten social media touches to result in a behaviour change! That’s where I come in and put my marketing degree and business expertise to good use! I showcase your brand or destination to my large engaged audience in a variety of formats, in a strategic manner. It goes way beyond getting a “like” on Facebook or a nice photo comment. It’s about creating an impact and changing behaviour and getting an audience of adventure-seeking travellers excited about your brand or DMO (destination marketing organization) and compelling them to take action!
6 WAYS WE CAN WORK TOGETHER
If you’re a DMO, tour operator, hotel, or have a travel-related product or service, here are six potential ways we can work together and where you will benefit from my expertise and engaged audience. You can also check out the FAQs about working together.
1) SOCIAL MEDIA/BLOGGING CAMPAIGNS
I provide customized social media/blogging campaigns designed to reach your specific goals. Whether that be creating awareness, increasing your visitor’s length of stay, introducing your new app to the world with a big bang, or increasing your brand’s influence!
If you’re a DMO located in Europe wanting to reach an audience of outdoor and adventure travellers, contact me for further information about a unique campaign that’s launching soon. It will provide you with a TON of exposure to both an American and a European audience.
From my experience of working with 100+ DMOs, I’ve discovered what works and just as importantly, what doesn’t. Content that works for one type of campaign, may be ineffective for another campaign with different goals.
In the past I’ve worked with DMOs such as: Germany, Visit Finland, Visit Greece, Bucharest (Romania), Poznan (Poland), Mayenne (France), Turin (Italy) Catalonia, Oosten (Netherland), Bavaria, Rhone-Alps (France), Mostviertel (Austria), Umbria, Denmark, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Luxembourg, Banff, Calgary (Canada), South African, Namibia, Swaziland, and Northern Territory in Australia, to name just a few.
I’ve also worked with private travel companies and hotels including: Cinnamon Hotels, Ayu in the Wild, Leopard Trails, Hedonistic Hiking, Yomads, HipTrip Film Festival (Romania) AQUA DOME Wellness Hotel, Travel Charme Hotels, HouseTrip, Go With Oh, Wimdu, GoArctic!, Heritage Tours and Safaris, Alpenresort, Amahora Tours and Vueling Airlines. I also work with travel and adventure brands like Trover, PowerPere, and Salomon Outdoor.
I currently work with mainsteam media as well including BBC Travel as their #BBCLocalite for Munich, and as a social media influencer for BBC Earth!
Here is some feedback from Twitter to demonstrate the type of interactions I have with my audience:
2) SPEAKING AND CUSTOMIZED SOCIAL MEDIA/BLOGGING TRAINING
I’m a sought out speaker on social media and blogging. I hold a Master’s degree in Adult Education and Global Change and am a big believer in delivering presentations that provide practical advice and require the attendees to take action. From my 15+ years in the education industry, I’ve found that only by taking action, do you get lasting results. Therefore, attendees leave my presentations and workshops with practical tips that they can implement immediately, benefitting your organization. I haven spoken at ITB Berlin 3 times, WTM London, WTM Dubai, NBE Finland, TBEX Athens, TBC Asia Colombo and the Romanian Digital Travel Conference. You can see the complete list of my speaking engagements here. Presentations and workshops are customized for every audience, and we will work together to ensure the content delivered is of the utmost interest to your audience.
Here is some of the feedback from my presentation at TBEX Athens on Twitter Tips for Advanced Users:
To get a sense of my training style, check out the online course: How to Dominate Twitter in 12 Minutes a Day. I’m able to to deliver content in person, via Skype, and can even create custom online content for you (on my own platform) that can be done at your own pace! Regardless of what type of format you choose, my extensive experience in program delivery ensures a high quality training program that will deliver lasting results to your organization.
Here is what two happy participants had to say about the online course:
Love this course! Easy to follow even for a Twitter novice like myself with the first results rolling in already. Very practical advice that delivers. Took out a lot of the guesswork and made it easy to be time efficient on Twitter and still get results. Well done. Happy I took this course.
Elena Herdi, Entrepreneur
This was a very interesting course. Although I use Twitter daily, there were many things I just did not know yet and for sure will be very helpful going forward. I also like the fact that most of the tools used are for free so you do not need to spend money on building your twitter account if you do not want to. Great Course thanks!
Freya Renders, Travel Blogger
3) TWITTER CHATS
Twitter chats are a fantastic way to get people talking about your destination or brand, but it can be difficult to get results unless you have a large engaged following! That’s why I make an ideal host with 59,000+ engaged Twitter followers – one of the highest in the travel blogging industry!
Brands and destinations frequently choose to work with me because of my beautiful photography available for purchase.
Have you launched the next big thing in travel? Get the word out quickly by having a review on Monkeys and Mountains Adventure Travel Blog! Note: I only do reviews that are relevant and of interest to my audience and charge a fee for this.
I’m available to write for your publication or blog on topics related to outdoors and adventure travel, travel in Europe or inspirational travel.
Still have questions about working together? Check out my FAQs.
I’VE BEEN A CONTRIBUTOR OR FEATURED IN:
ACCOLADES FOR MONKEYS AND MOUNTAINS:
- Holiday Lettings (from Trip Advisor): Top 20 Adventure Travel Bloggers – 2015
- Oyster: Top Travel Blogs to Watch in 2015
- Dwellable: 17 Inspiring Women Travelers on Twitter
- Rail Europe: 7 Instagrammers Who Will Make You Want to Flee to Europe
- BehlAbout: 15 Natural Wonders Accounts on Instagram to Follow
- Travel Writers Association: Travel Blogger of the Year (2013)
- Check out my press page to see a complete listing of features and contributions.
7 WAYS YOU BENEFIT BY WORKING WITH ME
1) Access to a targeted and engaged audience. I’ve spent the past 5 years building a trusting relationship with my audience and only recommend what I love. As a result they are more willing to take action when I recommend your destination, tour company, hotel or brand.
2) Professional Experience. I’ve worked with over 100 brands and DMOs and as a result have discovered first hand what works.How often to post, when to post, what to post, and which platforms for which content. Social media is both a skill and an art. More isn’t always more. I’ve crafted this skill through extensive practice and transfer that to your DMO, tour company, hotel or brand.
3) Realtime and Evergreen Content. You will receive a combination of realtime interactions during a campaign to generate buzz, and evergreen content on my blog that will be accessed for years to come, by an ever-growing audience.
4)Access to my marketing experience. I hold a business degree in marketing and am also constantly updating my skills and testing out new ideas on my own audience. In addition, I have extensive experience with social media campaigns, especially Twitter (with over 59,000 followers to prove it) and reaching your target market in a way that will compel them to take action.
5) My passion for tourism. I get energized about the impact tourism can have on both the local economy and the environment. There is nothing more satisfying than showcasing a hidden gem to potential visitors, or convincing someone they should try hiking in an area they had never previously considered. Knowing that I play a role in making a positive difference, however small it may be, is the greatest job in the world!
6) Importance of Relationships. I sincerely value the relationships with my clients. As a result, I have many repeat or ongoing clients including; BBC Travel, BBC Earth and Yahoo Travel.
7) Professionalism. I only promise what I know I can deliver and will be open with you right from the start.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO ACCESS MY MEDIA KIT WITH FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT MY AUDIENCE AND STATISTICS:
If you’re interested in working together, please contact me and share your ideas, or we can develop a marketing strategy together:
Please note that all reviews of a product or service will be honest out of respect for readers to Monkeys and Mountains. I also refuse the right to review any product or service if it is not relevant or of value to readers.