It’s not everyday that I travel by hot air ball0on over Costa Brava, Catalunya and go…well wherever the wind takes me!
Quite literally in this case! You never know exactly where you will end up! And aren’t those usually the most entertaining adventures anyway? Thankfully, the pilots from Globus Emporda know exactly what they’re doing. There’s a good section of patchwork fields between the Pyrenees in the north and the rugged cliffs and coast line in the south. Their plan is to land somewhere in one of the fields. No one knows exactly where, but they’ve got a wide berth to make it happen. This is the breathtaking landscape that Costa Brava is famous for and I have a bird’s-eye view of it all:
Besides exploring Costa Brava via a hot air balloon, I also suggest these travel adventures:
- Cycling in Costa Brava
- Hiking in the Pyrenees
- Visiting the medieval town of Besalu, which Jade from Vagabond3 calls The Best Secret Village in Europe
- Taking a tour of the Portilligat House Museum of Salvador Dali in Cadaques
- Enjoying the feast of your life at Les Magnolies (I highly recommend the 17, yes 17 course meal!)
- Taking a sundial tour of the town of Gualba, home to a whopping 17 sundials!
- Volunteering with chimps near Girona (where I fell in love with Charlie!)
- Exploring the ggreatest gothic castle in all of Catalunya
- Sampling Catalunya wine
- Visiting the Costa Brava Tourism Site for further info.
Know Before You Go Hot Air Ballooning in Costa Brava, Catalunya:
- Hot air ballooning with Globus Emporda is surprisingly affordable. It starts at €160 per person.
- Flights leave early in the morning or later in the day when it’s likely to not be as windy.
- Hot air balloon flights are always subject to weather conditions, which can change quickly.
- The landing is a bit bumpy, so if you have any health concerns, check with Globus Emporda beforehand.
- We celebrated with a huge breakfast and Cava (a sparkling Spanish wine, mostly produced in Catalunya)
- Lastly, I highly recommend it! It’s exciting and the views are incredible!
Many thanks to Globus Emporda and Costa Brava Tourism for such a memorable and incredible experience! As always, all opinions expressed are my own.